Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Abundant Arts Exhibit

Welcome to our art show!  These are just a few of the works displayed at the "Abundant Arts" exhibit at the Searcy Art Gallery by Cheri Peden, Micah Holden, Kelly VanHook, and myself.  Kelly and Micah own Second Saturday Studio in downtown Searcy, Arkansas, and the art gallery (located at the Black House on Race Street) was so gracious to show our work through January 28.  

Cheri's style is "funky primitive" with acrylic works on architectural salvage.  "Naive and whimsical" is Micah's style in mixed media, and Kelly's expertise is abstract with fun acrylics on large canvas.  My works are watercolors mainly of animals, and I love to paint people's beloved pets.  I do have one painting (show in bottom picture above) of myself titled "Me at Three".  It was done on the spur of the moment, and I love how it turned out. 

Come visit the show Tuesday-Friday 1-4 and Saturday 11-3 or Second Saturday Studio Monday, Wednesday, or Friday 10-2 and the second Saturday of each month from 10-2.  Artwork is for sale and commissions are available.  You can also visit the artists on Facebook.

No comments: