Monday, August 31, 2009

New Studio



My junkroom / sunroom is now my art studio! After almost 10 years of wanting my own space, I finally did something about it. I patched and painted the walls, painted the floors, dyed curtains, and filled the room with things I already had and love. I only had to buy the dye, floor sealer, curtain rods, and two sets of blinds. It will take me a little while to put all my art supplies exactly where I want them, but for now I am extremely excited. (I should have taken some before pictures!) Everyone that has been through that room before has to stop and take it all in, and everyone now loves to hang out in this room. My husband's friend wants to put a flatscreen in so they can watch football! Although I wouldn't mind having one, I refuse to let the guys take over. One of my favorite pieces in the room is the spool board hanging behind the sitting area. It was made by my Aunt Dena for my grandmother the year I was born. It goes perfectly. Originally I wanted to hang ribbon and thread on it, but I think I prefer it just the way it is. Well, I'm off to enjoy the peace and quiet in my new studio while the rest of the family sleeps!


No comments: